A Minneapolis Thanksgiving begins the season of holiday cheer and family activities. It can be difficult to find new ways to enjoy the holiday season and create new traditions, even if you’ve lived in the Twin Cities for a few years. It can be even more challenging to find the little holiday event gems that the city has to offer if you recently moved here.
If you find yourself in either of these positions, you’re in luck! Unparalleled Parking drivers have lived and worked in the city for years, collecting our favorite local Minneapolis Thanksgiving highlights. Take a look below!
Our Top 5 Minneapolis Thanksgiving Events
Don’t sit home on Thanksgiving weekend. Instead, take your family out to enjoy one of these Minneapolis Thanksgiving events or city hotspots:
1. Guthrie Theater - Founded in 1963, the Guthrie has long been a staple of the Minneapolis landscape. Though Hamlet was the first production, there have since been a combination of classic theater and avant-garde productions. Check their website for Minneapolis Thanksgiving weekend showtimes and event listings.
2. The Depot (Ice Rink) - Minneapolis Thanksgivings wouldn’t be complete without lacing up your skates and gliding across the ice at the Depot. Once an old train station, the Depot has been transformed into a magical wintertime world where the young and old can truly embrace the season. The Depot usually opens at 10am, but be sure to check the time and dates before grabbing your skates and heading out the door!
3. Walker Art Museum - If you or someone in your family enjoys the artist expressions of our time, head over to the Walker Art Museum. Artists have been known to visit and engage with the public, blending cultural inspiration into a community of presentation, creation, and preservation. The museum hosts visual, performing, and media arts.
4. American Swedish Institute - For another museum highlight in the Twin Cities, check out the American Swedish Institute. It’s a classy tribute to culture as well as a forum for family fun! You can attend gingerbread house and art workshops alongside festive musical performances over the Minneapolis Thanksgiving weekend.
5. Holidazzle Party - Starting the Friday after Thanksgiving, Loring Park becomes a world of seasonal wonder where you can meet Santa Claus, watch holiday movies, listen to musical performances, and shop local merchandise. Not to mention the fantastic foods!
Unparalleled Parking: Service to Match the Name
At Unparalleled Parking, we don’t just greet guests, park cars, or chauffeur. One of the reasons our attendants love their jobs is the opportunity to communicate on a sincere, professional level with patrons. We offer insights about the Twin Cities and help make out-of-town guests feel like it’s home away from home.
Our personable attendants and drivers can make your private event that much more special. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or simply want to know if you’re chosen venue partners with Unparalleled Parking, give us a call at (651) 300-1515.